Back in the late 1800's, there was a small thriving community surrounding the area where our church now sits. A long ago community, named Loom, consisted of a store, restaurant, post office, and school. The closest place to worship was Capon Bridge or Augusta. Quite a distance traveling on horseback or in a wagon.
Albert Lupton donated the land for a church, and in 1898 the church building was dedicated. The McCauley family donated land for the cemetery. Central Church was born.
Since then, many people have worked hard to keep our small church going. They strived to ensure everyone had a comfortable place to worship and serve God.
Today, we at Central United Methodist Church, hope to continue the time honored tradition of welcoming everyone who wishes to join us in praising God.
Sunday worship service: 9:30 a.m
First Sunday of the month we have Coffee Fellowship at 9 a.m.
(A brief history provided by Alicia Repine and the late Marie Richmond.)